About this add-on
ecm4u Policy Scripting allows to link scripts to certain important lifecycle events, such as the creation or deletion of documents (spaces), the (un-)assignment of aspects or the change of properties.
With Alfresco you can link predefined actions to system events. Actions can be triggered, for example, when creating or deleting a document and can involve the setting of default values, sending of emails or the validation of property-values. The Policy Scripting module now lets you answer a system event with the execution of a script that is stored in the repository - a new, flexible and individual way of implementing actions.
- documents: created, deleted, changed
- folder: created, deleted, changed
- aspect: exerted, deleted
- properties: when changed
- if required, the script can be executed with extended permissions (system-user or any other user-ID)
- changing the script behaviour during run time without a restart of Alfresco
- execution of script only if certain properties of a type or aspect have been changed
Example of a use case:
Advantages of ecm4u Policy Scripting as compared to Alfresco rules:
- no impairment of performance even with large databases
- actions can optionally also be executed with system permissions in order to apply changes in areas where the particular user actually does not have the required permission to do so
- easy debugging
No comments. Sign In to create one!